This zesty queso keto chicken soup is my new favorite for chilly nights no matter you eat keto or not. You can make it in the instant pot or slow cooker and it’s slightly spicy, creamy and full of flavor.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 28 ounces petite diced tomatoes not drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup salsa verde or green salsa
- avocado and monterrey jack cheese for topping
See also: Healthy Pineapple Banana Ice Cream
- Place chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes with juices, salt, chicken broth, and green salsa in Instant Pot. Set to manual mode and cook for 10 minutes at high pressure. Allow pressure to release naturally (about 15 minutes), remove and shred the chicken. Set aside.
- Stir softened cream cheese into the soup in the pot and whisk until fully melted into the soup. Return chicken to the soup and serve with diced avocado and monterrey jack cheese.
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or until the chicken is tender and shreds easily. Whisk cream cheese into the broth fully if needed after cooking time is up.